21st birthdays are a BIG DEAL! Most people throw a massive party and because all your friends are born in the same year suddenly there's this influx of 21st parties! Don't worry I got your back with some top tips to have have the best 21st season!
|French strawberry shortcake! Made by Yui especially for Paco!!|
- Attend – seriously 21st birthday parties are difficult to organise! They take SO much time and effort to put together so if your friend is inviting you to it – GO AND CLICKK FREAKING ATTENDING! Then attend!
2. Drink – if there’s a bar tab – drink, if there’s no bar tab – drink, if you’re driving – DON’T DRINK! Have a shot with the birthday girl/boy! DO IT!
|Tequila and Jam donut shots :)|
3. Dress up – there is no better excuse to dress up than a 21st! This is the probably the only time in your life where you can wear really extravagant, inappropriate and beautiful things! SO DO IT! If there’s a theme adhere to it it’ll make an amazing point of conversation as well.
|Picture from recent birthday party! WHEE|
4. Socialise – if you’re going to be at a 21st there really is no excuse not to socialise! Just go up and say hi to people! Easiest conversation starter - how do you know the birthday boy/girl? AND BAM FRIENDSHIP!
5. Eat cake – it takes a lot of effort to get a 21st cake and most people either pay A LOT of money for cake or has amazing friends who can bake them their cake of their dreams so after all that EFFORT just remember to eat the damn cake! Unless you’re planning to throw up then don’t worry about it!
|Cake porn from another recent 21st! Happy birthday Ben! :)|
|Cupcakes from Wendy's birthday full review will be up later! nomnom|
6. Speeches – this is for those listening to the speech. TRY to listen and laugh but if you can even see straight then sit down and try not to knock anything over! For Speech makers – short, sweet and full of impact is usually the best 21st speeches! Of course it varies depending on the person and the type of birthday. Make the birthday boy/girl feels special, loved and embarrass them too!
7. Presents – get something memorable! Easy present ideas: alcohol (all forms), jewellery (girls), technology (boys)! Whatever you want to get just be generous!
8. Friends – if you’re going with friends and they drink a bit TOO much (it will happen and one day it’ll be you) then LOOK AFTER THEM. Don’t be a dog. Seriously you do not want to YOLO and let them do their own thing!!
9. Photos – selfies, groupies, whatever you want just TAKE PHOTOS. It’ll increase the chances of you remembering whose birthday it was and what happened at that party. Especially if you’re attending more than 2 a week!! My biggest regret was not taking enough photos at birthdays!!
|Bestie Karen's 21st flashback!|
10. PARTY HARD – 21st parties are the time to have fun, let loose and just do some stupid thing! They make really good story telling material for years after!
|Back in my hectic 21st birthday season!|
This post happened because I've been to a couple of 21st recently and it reminded me of my crazy fun filled 21st season! I miss it soooooo much!!!!!!!! 21st BIRTHDAYS ARE THE BEST! P.S thankyou to every person who ever invited me to their 21st!!
Please comment, like and share! :)