Messina is one of my favourite gelato places – I tried it for the first time and I fell in LOVE with gelato! I’m so glad that there are now 3 different stores in Sydney and that so many people have become fans (like myself) but honestly I wish the lines could be shorter! Also that people could stop eating the flavours I want cause then it runs out and I can’t get any!
So here are the 15 Messina flavours I’ve been dying to try and I can dream of them in my sleep…
1. Stranger with Candy - white chocolate and peanut gelato with candied peanuts. you can trust our stranger with candy.
|Strangers with CANDY!|
Messina’s peanut butter gelato is one of my personal favourite regular flavours so I CANNOT go pass Strangers with candy! CANDIED PEANUTS! One of my favourite snacks nomnomnom! And I've actually tried this one and it was DELICIOUS (my only regret is that I didn't take a photo!)
2. LITTLE BLOKE - peanut butter gelato with malt o milk biscuits and nutella fudge. Have a go at our little bloke
You can see a clear pattern of my obsession with peanut butter gelato HAHA! But THIS LOOKS AMAZING and nutella fudge I repeat – NUTELLA FUDGE! Get in my stomach PLEASE!
3. RETURN OF THE MAC - macadamia and milk chocolate gelato annihilated with white chocolate and macadamia cookies. The 'mac' daddy of gelato specials.
|Return of the MAC!|
The name of this flavor is the BOMB – the song instantly come into my head! MACADEMIA!! Did I mention I really love nuts?
4. Fraga lickn' good - strawberry and coconut gelato with lychee bread and butter pudding.
|Fraga Lickn' good|
OMG STRAWBERRY AND COCONUT! AMAZING!!!!
5. HAVE A GAY OLD TIME - caramel gelato swirled with milk gelato with bits of chocolate covered biscuit crumbs.
|GAY OLD TIME!|
YUMM! Sounds like a miracle. Love the sound of the texture!!!
6. ROBERT BROWNIE JNR - milk chocolate gelato with chocolate brownie and chocolate fudge. Let's go to town with Robert Brown.
|BRING HIM TO ME!|
OMG CHOCOLATE HEAVEN! IT SOUNDS SO DELICIOUS I CANNOT EVEN! When I’m craving chocolate this would be perfect! PMS LIFESAVER! Should eat this while watching Iron man!
7. TIM TAM SLAM - coffee gelato with chocolate biscuits, chocolate butter cream and choc chip sauce. This bad boy is just waiting to be slammed.
|TIM TAMS MATE!|
;D AYE!! Another chocolate overload flavour – PMS lifesaver #2! Tim Tams ♥
8. THE MIGHTY GM PIE - peanut butter gelato with chocolate crust, banana jam and peanut cream throughout. Nothing beats a cold GM pie on a hot day!!
Again with the peanut butter gelato!! But this time with even more textures - jam, crust and cream! NOMNOMNOM!
9. JD AND SMOKE - jack daniels and smoked chocolate gelato. this is some rocking ... chair gelato
|Look at that smoothness!|
Alcohol + gelato = EPIC! This sounds like the great start to my weekend YAYYY!!
10. LEAF LEAF BANG BANG - mango and coconut sorbet with pandan jelly. Little bit of leaf, whole lot of bang
My top fruit flavours mango and coconut with PANDAN JELLY? SOUNDS AMAZING! And it's something not choclately!
11. SALTY NUTS - peanut butter gelato with salted caramel throughout. Tasty balls of ice cream.. So many puns, so little time.
I’d like myself some salty nuts ;D Peanut butter + caramel = DAYUM!
12. CREMINO - salted caramel gelato and crushed amaretti biscuits with soft meringue and nutella folded throughout. This might well be history in the making.. Hats off to one of the best desserts to have hit our lips..
|This amazing creation!!!|
Need I say more?
13. THE BOSS'S WIFE - hazelnut and coffee gelato with white chocolate and hazelnut praline ganache. Never have we been so keen for a lick.
For those that read my blog and know about my obsession with COFFEE - yeah you'll why I chose this flavour! My love of nuts and coffee combined AWW YEAH!
14. MONIZZLE - caramel custard gelato with chocolate coated peanuts and blueberry sauce. let me here that izzle. PERSIAN ROCKY ROAD - white chocolate and rosewater gelato with housemade chunks of middle eastern flavoured rocky road. Fit for a prince.
|The picture itself makes me DROOL!|
What is this magical creation? Sounds FANTASTIC!! Please release this flavour again!!!
15. DONKEY KONG - peanut butter gelato with coffee custard and cocoa nib crunch. let's get it on.
|Last but not LEAST!!|
You can see a common theme here right? Winning creation - peanut butter, chocolate, coffee and textures!
If this post doesn't make you want to visit Messina I don't know what will!
P.S All the photos were sourced from the Messina Facebook pages (this is why you shouldn't stay up past 2am because you'll look at food pictures and write blog posts!)
Comment, Share and ENJOY FOOD!