Sunday 1 June 2014

Dessert Happiness │Gelato Messina

Hiya friends,
Stressed spelt backwards is desserts so to overcome my extreme stress from the uni finals I decided to indulge myself with GELATO! It was worth it! My favourite dessert place in the world is Messina and I would recommend it to anyone! This is actually my second Messina post and I think about Messina a lot - read it here
Recently the annual Sydney Light festival Vivid special started and there was a Messina special of Psychedelic Psundaes and of course I was dying to try it out! Luckily I had the opportunity on Friday to try out these delicious Psundaes! 
Menu! 
Here is are the 4 different options they had for the Psundaes - yes it's a pretty pricey Psundae considering it's $10 EACH! So I would probably share one between 2 people but to be honest I think it's worth it! 
Blue gelato! 
The one we choose was the Silly Cone Chips which was swirled salted coconut and mango sorbet topped with choc chip cookies, blue popping candy and a banana-caramel filled cone. And boy it was worth the money! 
Swirrrrllllyyyy gelato 
Ok my camera doesn't have a flash so sorry for the lighting! But the gelato was SO YUMMY! Especially the banana caramel that filled the cone which was super fluffy and combined with the gelato was just heavenly! Of course being really childish but the popping candy was a nice touch as well! Overall it was a psundae that didn't disappoint! I really want to try all the other flavours as well! (Bringing a camera with a flash next time) 

TRY IT BEFORE VIVID FINISHES ON THE 9TH!! 
How the Psundae looks in normal lighting! 
Just some additional photos of Messina Gelato and a short review because I love them that much! 



Pretty sure this was one of the limited edition flavours otherwise it's salted caramel because salted caramel is the BOMB! 

Mango Sorbet and Pistachio gelato! Yummy! 
Location: ★★★★☆
Messina is fairly convenient and there are 4 different locations - Pyrmont, Surry Hills, Darlinghurst and Bondi Junction! I've been to all of them except for the one in Bondi! But it's easy to find and fairly easy to get to from the City! 
Menu: ★★★★★
OHH THE MENU! Love all the regular items plus the limited specials flavours - some of which I missed out on and it makes me really really upset! They have one of the most creative and interesting menus I've ever seen! 
Taste: ★★★★★
ALWAYS DELICIOUS! But it depends on the flavour and sometimes batch - Mostly perfect though! Again my favourites are Salted Caramel with white chocolate, Coconut & Lychee, Tiramisu amd a new favourite (from last night) - Poached Figs in Marsala! YUM! I love them all! 
Price: ★★★★★
Affordable! But to be honest it's so good that I don't really care about the price - TAKE MY MONEY! 
Overall: ★★★★★
As much as I adore Messina like CRAZY! And it's my reward food after every single exam period! Seriously..every time! But the line can sometimes get ridiculous! Luckily it passes fairly quickly otherwise the time delay to getting my gelato would make me quite agitated! (Don't get between me and gelato!) 
♥ Messina 
♥ Lingfish~ 
Please comment, share and HAPPY EATING!  
Gelato Messina on Urbanspoon
Gelato Messina Pyrmont on Urbanspoon
Gelato Messina Surry Hills on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. really enjoyed the silly cone chips, esp the coconut/mango and the popping candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREE!! :D it was sooo delicious!
      <3
      hope I get to try the other flavours!!

      Delete