Wednesday 16 July 2014

Café Explorer │Bills


Hi friends,
It's been soo long since my last Cafe explorer post! But I was very blessed with a fun Sunday brunch at Bills with a few of my favourite girls a couple of weeks ago! I've been wanting to try Bills for the longest time as it's very well known among Japanese tourists (it's one of their must visit cafes) so it was definitely a great experience!

So on to the food!
Hotcakes! 

The Ricotta Hot cakes with banana and honeycomb butter ($20)! What all of the tourists and everyone that comes to Bills MUST TRY! Fluffy and soft hotcakes that are warm and topped with syrup - what more can you ask for?? Well I guess I would have asked for more hotcakes! It was very sweet but definitely worth a try! 
Full Aussie breakfast! 


Next was the full aussie with scrambled organic eggs,  sourdough toast, bacon, cumin roast tomato, miso mushrooms, pork and fennel sausage ($24.50). I really liked the pork and fennel sausage because I love the smell and taste of fennel! Yumm! And of course you can't go wrong with bacon and eggs! 
Scrambled Egg

There is never enough egg! Which is why we also got the scrambled organic eggs and sourdough toast ($14.50)! The egg was really light and soft combined with the toast made a really light breakfast. But again I wish there was more! 
Fruit and Bran Muffin
All this food and it still wasn't enough so we also got a fruit and bran muffins ($4.50) which was a bit too dry for my taste but it had a good crunchy texture and I liked the coconut flakes on the top! 
Two Mochas

Of course what's a cafe explorer post without COFFEE! As always I got my usual Mocha ($3.9) and I really enjoyed the coffee! Would go back just for the coffee!
Read more for the full review! 


Location: ★★★☆☆
Bills is in the heart of cafe central in Surry Hills definitely not difficult to locate but can be a bit of trek from the station and a slight challenge if you're unfamiliar with Surry Hills (yes I used Google Map to find it)! 
Menu: ★★★☆☆
We got the breakfast menu and to be honest it's not the most extensive menu but there were lots of interesting things to try on the menu that you wouldn't expect like fried brown rice! 
Taste: ★★★☆☆
 The hot cakes were definitely a hit! I can see why people would go there just to try it! The eggs were really great as well but it wasn't as special as the hotcakes. And the muffin was pretty disappointing! But the coffee was my favourite - really hit the spot! 
Price: ★★★☆☆
The price was pretty typical for cafes but because the portion sizes were quite small (otherwise we wouldn't have order that much!) it wasn't as worthwhile in terms of price. But for the occasional Sunday brunch it's not too bad! 
Overall: ★★★☆☆
It's definitely worth a visit for the hotcakes and coffee and there are other dishes in the Lunch menu that I wouldn't mind trying also! I would visit Bills again (THAT COFFEE)! 

♥ Lingfish
Bills on Urbanspoon 


No comments:

Post a Comment